As our Digital Commerce Marketing Director for New Markets, you will enable our business to reach/exceed revenue goals and build the Nike brand by driving traffic, revenue and maximizing efficiency in digital marketing channels for Nike.com. You will help define and execute the overall digital performance marketing expansion strategy including the following responsibilities:
- Develop global expansion strategy beyond US and Europe for key marketing channels including paid search, affiliates, online media and social media.
- Developing and delivering on revenue and budget targets for assigned digital marketing channels and programs for new/emerging ecommerce markets and new capabilities.
- Create new high value consumer segmentation strategies including development of repeat/retention programs into new geographies across the above marketing channels.
- Drive and expand global direct to consumer product launch excellence in communications and improving launch capabilities/tools
- Be the global marketing lead for our ratings and reviews service.
- Kick start the new geography digital marketing strategy for Nike Retail stores, (e.g. Email, Search, Nike landing pages for stores) that will be adopted by the local marketing teams.
- Play the marketing functional lead role in building new global capabilities for digital commerce marketing including Retail POS and Twitter RSVP.
- Build and indirectly manage a global team (through influence of key geo and global digital marketing experts) that can help startup digital commerce marketing programs for new geographies and key Nike initiatives.
- Collaborate with Brand and DTC Leadership on key initiatives.
- Drive selection/expansion of vendors and agencies that support the global expansion plans.
- Partner with the analytics team to analyze weekly, monthly and quarterly reports: draw insights, help the team identify optimization tactics, adjust strategy.
Requirements for the position include:
- Business, Analytical, Marketing, Economics, IT or Engineering Degree or an additional 2 years of related work experience in lieu of degree required
- Masters degree (MBA/MSC etc) a plus
- 8+ years of work experience in Digital/online marketing; strong background in e-commerce required along with experience working in other geographies such as Asia, Europe and Latin America.
- Exceptionally strong understanding of Digital marketing across key channels including Paid Search, Email, Affiliates, SEO, Display Media and Social in an e-commerce setting required
- Previous experience with managing budgets and having a proven record of demonstrating strong return on investment is critical
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including presentations on complex business issues required
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills & comfort with getting your "hands dirty" diving deep into the numbers. Proven capability to use data to drive business decisions & marketing optimization required.
- Strong understanding of web analytics best practices and available data relevant to marketing optimization required
- Solid project management and planning experience required.
- Previous experience managing online marketing for a multichannel retailer, combining both online and offline success criteria preferred
- Experience managing social marketing channels preferred
- Familiarity with managing and optimizing Digital marketing channels to differentiate between acquisition and retention activities, minimizing cost per customer acquired while executing strategies to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Previous experience managing Digital marketing professionals in a corporate setting.
- Management/Strategy Consulting experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working with a premium positioned brand and understanding tactics that can both build and potentially erode brand equity a plus
Nike - 19 months ago
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....