Responsible for providing financial analysis in support of the bank’s financial planning and capital budgeting process, business unit profitability, product profitability, product pricing and merger and acquisition activities. Performs a variety of complex analytical duties including the collection and analysis of financial data from reports and various sources; performs statistical analyses. May act in a lead capacity.
1. Takes on a lead role in preparation of monthly unit profitability reports.
2. Conducts research and studies involving financial analysis, strategic planning, cost allocations and transfer pricing. Prepares management reports and makes presentations on study results.
3. Performs monthly reviews and evaluates actual financial performance of the bank’s business units and conducts variance analysis relative to plan and prior month. Functions as key finance liaison for at least one major profit group within the bank in this role.
4. Analyzes and interprets financial data and compiles statistical reports on current financial developments, financial policies and plans, and significant organizational developments.
5. Assists with the integration of initiative efforts into the unit profitability reporting and budgeting processes.
6. Provides training and guidance to less-experienced staff.
7. May assist in researching relevant business developments in the organization and/or industry.
8. May assist in the development and implementation of customer and product profitability in conjunction with various other units.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent Experience:
Pref Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
Field of Experience:
- Five to seven years of experience in banking/financial services industry preferred
- Four to six years of financial analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of financial and cost accounting, financial analysis and principles of economics
- Strong knowledge of financial institution balance sheet and profit and loss analysis techniques
- Strong understanding of regulatory issues such as capital issues and GAAP accounting as they relate to the banking industry
- Strong understanding and application of principles, standards, industry practices, techniques and concepts
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills a must; MS Access proficiency a plus
- Analytical and research
- Balance figures
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Compile statistics and reports
- Coordinate meetings
- Perform math and analysis
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Research information
- Use personal computers
- Verbal and written communication skills
- May act in a lead capacity/instructional role for other employees performing similar work
Bank of the West - 2 years ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...