Bachelor's Degree required
Seeking a professional team player with excellent communication and technical skills to join the Development team at Gundersen Lutheran!
The Associate Director of Development primary responsibilities are in the development, implementation and management of E-Philanthropy/Marketing, Planned Giving and Stewardship activities. This is accomplished by working closely with development directors, staff, advisors, and volunteers in designing, implementing and managing a comprehensive, coordinated and effective development program for the Foundation and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
The successful candidate will bring creativity, entrepreneurial energy, outstanding personal skills and a commitment to professional fundraising ethics. She or he will have the ability to work on many fronts simultaneously, keeping both details and the big picture in mind. He or she will be able to see opportunities and set priorities while building and managing a wide variety of relationships. He or she must be passionate about the mission and vision of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation.
- Required: Bachelor's degree
- Required: 2 years of progressive experience, expertise and successful involvement in fundraising and/or public relations preferably in a dynamic healthcare environment. Both professional and personal experience with web-based internet communication and applications required includes but not limited to interactive marketing such as social media, eCommerce, email communications, mobile marketing/fundraising, etc.
- Desired: Knowledge of trends, models and practices in fundraising and interactive marketing. Experience with donor management system - Raiser's Edge/NetCommunity preferred as well as email management systems. Experience in all areas of institutional advancement, namely planned giving, annual giving, major gifts, special events, records and systems, budgeting, development planning and communications preferred. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, physicians, Board members, volunteers and a variety of donors and potential donors.
1. Demonstrated ability to be a team-player in a fast-paced development program.
2. Demonstrated ability to reach out to a broader community to promote the mission of Gundersen Medical Foundation.
3. Strong donor/customer service orientation.
4. Superb organizational and time management skills. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including editing.
5. Work experience must demonstrate the ability to plan strategically and execute successful fundraising activities.
6. Excellent computer literacy is a given; experience with Raiser's Edge and other related development software is a strong plus. Utilizes and is experience with broad social media applications.
7. On-line fundraising experience is a must.
8. Ability to work under pressure and accommodate change.
9. Ability to exercise sound judgment in handling assigned tasks, including maintenance of strict confidentiality on matters affecting the Medical Foundation.
10. Ability to organize and monitor multiple projects and files to ensure timely completion of Medical Foundation development projects.
11. Experience working with writers, designers, web masters, video directors a plus.
12. Must be willing to travel locally, regionally and nationally as needed.
- Desired: Certified Fundraising Executive certification (CFRE)
Gundersen Health System - 17 months ago
Gundersen Health System is where caring meets excellence through a comprehensive health network of wholly owned and affiliated services....