ATTENTION-If you applied to this position, please be aware that you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in the application. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it.
The Physician Services Division is seeking multiple full-time Patient Information Coordinator positions available in various locations in Allegheny County. This position begins as a floater position and requires the ability to travel to physician practices several different locations. Will work Monday through Friday, and some Saturdays as needed. Must be available between the hours of 7:00am and 7:00pm. Recruitment for these positions is ongoing. The patient information coordinator schedules appointments, prepares documents and greets patients, gathers information from and provides information to patients to ensure a positive emotional experiences for the patients and with the appropriate financial outcome.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, family members, physicians, and staff
- Ensure positive customer service atmosphere and interactions in reception area
- Follows recommended department guidelines for triage and scheduling of patients
- Interviews and pre-registers patients at the time of or prior to the visit date. Inputs patient information into the computer to initiate a medical record and a bill
- Confirms and verifies insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier via on-line verification systems or telephone inquiries
- Enters charges and verifies completeness and inclusion of appropriate modifiers on fee slip
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience with personal computer based applications and other various office equipment.
- Two years¿ experience in a medical/billing/fiscal or customer service function strongly preferred
- Medical terminology and third party health care coverage experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
Act 33, 34, and 73 clearances must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason-- to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each...