The Film and Scatterometry Technology (FaST) Division provides industry leading metrology solutions for worldwide semiconductor IC manufacturers. The FaST Division portfolio of metrology products includes hardware and software solutions for optical film thickness, optical critical dimension (CD), composition, and resistivity measurement systems. These products are essential for the IC manufacturers as they provide critical metrology capabilities for the development and implementation of their advanced IC processes. The FaST division is committed to support our customers to achieve performance entitlement of our solution and we effectively partner with our customers from their early research and development phase to the high volume in-line manufacturing implementation specific for their process needs. The division consists of a global team located in US, Israel, China, and India.
This position is part of a team responsible for supporting a major KLA-Tencor customer worldwide. The candidate will initially be responsible for supporting the current install base of metrology tools in the field including continuous improvement projects (CIP). This role will lead to responsibility for next generation product implementation including a close work with engineering, from technology evaluation and selection, specifications development, product validation, verification, and support of customer ramp. The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership attributes and be able to lead high performing teams to achieve program objectives in a timely manner.
Additional details regarding responsibilities:
1. Gain a systems-engineering level knowledge of highly complex, leading edge semiconductor metrology systems by working with the product engineering and service teams. The systems include optics, electronics, mechanical components, custom software and algorithms.
2. Respond to situations where field service engineers have failed to resolve complex system performance problems, by providing written plans of action by e-mail or on-site hands-on assistance at customer sites in the US, Asia, and Europe. Take ownership of troubleshooting complex problems and determine remedial actions required to resolve problems.
3. Play a large role in assessing products with respect to design for reliability, stability, and serviceability. Work with design engineering teams on the development and release of new options, features or cost reduction improvements that provide more value to our customers. Integral to this role is an understanding of the customer’s use-case and successfully working in conjunction with other groups to define the requirements.
4. Train support personnel such as tech support and field service engineers.
5. Write technical reports to communicate issues, analysis, technical assessments, system status, best-know-methods, and engineering recommendations.
6. Take a proactive approach to improving service quality.
7. Conceptualize new approaches that may impact the product roadmap. Participate in presenting new ideas for KT consideration, acceptance and eventual implementation.
8. Should be able to travel 25%.
1. Must have a strong background in engineering or the physical sciences and demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
2. Should have the ability to influence functional groups to drive system level decisions.
3. Must have a good understanding of Optical, Electromechanical and Software systems and their interactions in the context of complex industrial equipment.
4. Able to clearly communicate with interdisciplinary division engineering, local KT teams (service & apps) and customers. Able to give technical presentations to customers and internal team.
5. Hands-on experience constructing and aligning opto-mechanical system is highly desirable.
6. Ability to set priorities and delegate tasks during critical situations where multiple issues must be handled simultaneously.
7. Demonstrated skills in conceptualizing creative technical solutions, documenting them, and presenting them to management.
8. Demonstrated ability to foresee problems and purpose solutions prior to releasing any new product.
BS degree plus 8 years
Master's degree plus 5 years
Ph.D. degree plus 3 years of relevant experience and accomplishments
Please send your resume to Vinod at firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
SPIEWorks - 4 months ago