The Provider Relations Coordinator works closely with the Regional Lead Coordinator and the network management team to manage a regionally based team of practitioners to complete in home health assessments (i.e. HouseCalls). Provider Relations Coordinator will ensure practitioner availability is being provided and being utilized efficiently. The Provider Relations Coordinator is also responsible for all aspects of provider relations as it relates to the HouseCalls program.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Responsible for assigning active practitioners to counties in order to complete in home assessments (i.e. HouseCalls) in specific geographic regions.
- Ensure HouseCalls practitioners are providing their required hours of availability.
- Ensure HouseCalls practitioners are returning all completed assessments timely and following all other operational requirements of the HouseCalls program.
- Responsible for managing all provider relations activity including issue management (e.g. complaints, grievances) as well as documenting and addressing incidents.
- Ensure target outcomes are achieved within assigned geographic region(s).
- Contribute to communication strategies for reaching out to the HouseCalls practitioner community and to the Care Improvement Plus Provider Relations field team.
- Interact with other relevant company departments to assure provider relations issues are managed quickly and efficiently and communication loops are managed appropriately.
- Identify, document and help maintain processes to assist in overall provider relations management.
- Assist with vendor maintenance and communication as it pertains to provider relations issues.
- Represent Care Improvement Plus in a professional and polished manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Imagine joining a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50. Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel.
That's how it is at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. Everyday, we're collaborating to improve the health and well being of the fastest growing segment of our nation's population. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication.
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree highly preferred; High School Diploma Required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- 2 years relevant work experience in provider relations management in a managed care setting, health plan or large medical group administration highly preferred
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adjust to change.
- Ability to receive and process performance feedback.
- Demonstrates follow-through on assignments.
- Positive attitude, solution oriented.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
UnitedHealth Group - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...