Director Value Based Purchasng
Serves as the contract negotiator for FFS Medicaid manufacturer relations, concentrating on developing and executing a supplemental rebate strategy designed to meet guarantees. Manages the day to day operations of the preferred drug list product, including all activities associated with manufacturer relations, supplemental rebate analysis, and supplemental rebate contract management for traditional and specialty pharmaceuticals with the desired outcome of delivering the market leading lowest unit cost for medications and ensuring the supplemental rebate guarantees are met. Also responsible for assisting the Sr. Director with creating the next generation of unit cost management products, designed to enhance the value delivered by Magellan to our Medicaid customers.
- Establish TennCare supplemental rebate strategy and contract portfolio ensuring the SR guarantee is met.
- Manage relationships with drug manufacturers, building and strengthening opportunities through contract negotiations, collaboration on drug pricing, contract exclusions, and rebate rates.
- Develop innovative unit cost and formulary utilization programs to drive additional customer value.
- Build successful relationships with internal customers (ex. Finance, Accounting, Rebate Operations, Clinical and Account Management Staff).
- Create effective rebate specific financial forecasts.
- Support account management activities with key customers on Preferred Drug List through frequent contact focused on delivering value, service, strategic insight and customer satisfaction.
- Cultivate and clearly articulate fact-based insights on customer’s pharmacy program and present compelling recommendations to help improve program performance and cost savings.
- Serve as Preferred Drug List product lead for program implementation including developing relationships, RFP support, and other important operational and/or clinical initiatives.
Field of Study:
BS in business or financial related field.
Must have experience with contract negotiations and PBM rebate management. Minimum 3 to 5 years financial and/or data analysis experience with pharmaceuticals.
Education and/or experience may run concurrent.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, experience working with account management teams.
Must be proficient with EXCEL, ACCESS and other database applications.
Master's Degree, RPH or PharmD
Experience in pharmacy benefit management. Experience with PBM rebate programs orother PBM service negotiations, Medicaid pharmacy experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Experience with Product Development, Project Management, Product innovation.
OH-BlueAsh OH-10101 Alliance Road
10101 Alliance Road (OH05)
10101 Alliance Road
Magellan Health Services is a leading specialty health care management organization with expertise in managing behavioral health, radiology and specialty pharmaceuticals, as well as public sector pharmacy benefits programs. We deliver innovative solutions to make a positive impact on the cost and quality of health care, keeping the best interests of the people we serve at the center of our decision-making. The breadth of our offerings, depth of expertise, clinical excellence and smart, talented employees is what makes us unique.
Magellan is the employer of choice for hard working people interested in making a difference in the health care industry and in the communities where we work and live. Our strong culture of caring is the common thread in both our business strategy and our work environment where we value professional growth and development, total health and wellness, rewards and recognition and employee unity. Magellan is a place where you can thrive.
Magellan Health Services - 17 months ago
Magellan Health Services has charted its course to become one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. The...