Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels. We operate 400 retail stores, sell through over 2,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's.
Within our Stores channel, we sell a wide range of architectural coatings and sundry items to industry, builders, contractors and home owners and have built strong customer loyalty based on exceptional product and excellent customer service. If you are interested in finding out more about careers with PPG Architectural Coatings, please visit us at www.ppg.com/accareers .
Are you an energetic retail salesperson with a gift for offering exceptional customer service? If you would enjoy developing relationships with a variety of customers and being part of fast-paced, dynamic sales team, then this may be the job for you!
· Develop working relationships with paint contractors and provide excellent service to customers by offering timely and friendly service.
· Process cash and credit transactions through Point of Sale (POS) terminal.
· Tint paint, match paint and stain colors and make product recommendations to customers. This requires lifting, moving and stocking one and five
gallon paint buckets.
· Promote sundry item sales to compliment paint products.
· May occasionally be called on to deliver product to a customer.
· Maintain an understanding of local market, operations based selling and customer base.
· Maintain a neat and orderly store, keeping interior and exterior functional, safe and attractive.
· Abide by all company policies and procedures and maintain safe and ethical working environment.
· Candidates must be high energy, able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to learn quickly.
· Must have a customer-centric attitude, and enjoy interacting with different types of people and personalities.
· Candidates proficient in both English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Demonstrated customer service skills.
· Ability to attend to detail while engaging in work of a repetitive nature.
· Ability to work flexible shifts and hours.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must possess a valid Driver's License.
· Ability to lift up to 80 pounds infrequently and 40-60 pounds routinely.
· Requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting, carrying and reaching.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet applications.
Part-time employees enjoy a competitive salary, 401k and life insurance.
Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States.
We would like to thank candidates who submit their interest for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
PPG prides itself on the quality of it's employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...