Kitchell, a well established general contractor, most recently voted “Top10 best workplaces” and ranked amongst the “Top 50 firms” in ENR, is seeking a Project Engineer Intern in the Bay Area to assist the entire job team with daily duties and resolving issues that occur with each project. Duties are maintaining the construction schedule, procurement, meeting minutes, RFI's, COR's, job safety, walking the project, etc. Serve as the communication hub for the Architect, Engineers, Owner, Job Team, Subcontractors, Inspectors, community, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Skills and Requirements:
- Review and process all submittals, RFI's, ensuring compliance with contract documents and in accordance with project needs.
- Prepare all change order requests and agreement change orders, review for pricing and status. Maintain document files and logs.
- Assist in the monitoring, controlling and updating of project schedules. Maintain current scheduling information.
- Maintain a complete and current set of drawings reflecting all changes from the base contract documents; including change order requests, addenda, field orders, clarifications, correspondence and field conditions.
- Accumulate costs and prepare monthly progress payment request to the owner, including preparation of subcontractor/vendor pre-billing worksheet.
- Establish and maintain a job chart of accounts files, including project time and estimate control logs.
- Prepare and process a weekly quantity report; review weekly labor report to insure proper projections are forecasted based upon estimated and completed units. Monitor and review major areas of concern with Project Manager and Project Superintendent. Initiate changes in forecast quantities prior to monthly forecast report.
- Implement job close-out procedure as directed by the Project Manager.
- Monitor Chart of Accounts; periodically check time sheets for proper coding. Prepare all estimated, actual and change order adjustments to the chart of accounts for Project Manager's review prior to entry into computer.
- Maintain job progress photo file.
- Fully understand the scope of all subcontracts; keep Project Manager and Project Superintendent aware of special provisions of contracts.
- Coordinate efforts and policies of Safety and Quality functions, to ensure compliance throughout project.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of the contract documents, plans, specifications, owner's contract and subcontracts; participate in meetings to support team effort in fulfilling these requirements.
Ideal candidate will have knowledge of commercial construction and design; skilled in engineering software and equipment to prepare engineering documents; technical knowledge and advanced mathematical concepts; scheduling,and organizational skills.
Intern must be pursing a degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or Architecture.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kitchell Corporation - 17 months ago