Sunnyside Presbyterian Church, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Sunnyside Presbyterian Church (SPC) in the mid-Wilshire metropolitan Los Angeles area, is looking for a Pastor to lead our English speaking ministry, serving young professionals and second generation youth with Korean – American heritage. Members of our EM live and work in different cities in Los Angeles County but are united in their commitment to grow our congregation into a ministry of God-fearing brothers and sisters.
Basic requirements and responsibilities are deconstructed below, but also include an appreciation for Korean-American culture and sensitivity in working with a multi-cultural and multi-generational church in Los Angeles.
Specific Responsibilities/Job Description
Focus of Position
1. Provide vision, direction, and leadership for the ministry in the areas of worship, evangelism, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
2. Provide pastoral care for the students and workers in the ministry.
3. Work with the pastoral team and the Senior Pastorin the development and care of the whole church.
1. Oversee, develop, adjust, and expand all aspects and programs of the ministry to effectively promote spiritual formation in the areas of worship, evangelism, discipleship, fellowship, and service.
2. Oversee, develop, and expandthe capacity of ministry leaders (laypeople)to assist in accomplishing key duties.
3. Develop and oversee the budget for ministry.
4. Participate as an active member of the pastoral team.
5. Complete other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. The EM pastor will be under the general care and supervision of the Senior Pastor.
2. The EM pastor is responsible for all the decisions made by the English Ministry Leaders.
• Able to preach and teach effectively
• Able to oversee and manage the English Ministry and it’s collaborative programs with other ministries within the church.
• A team player with Pastoral Staff.
• Self-initiator and task-finisher
• Able to carry out and follow-through administrative tasks
• Able to work effectively in a bilingual church (English, Korean)
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
Profile (Background, education, and experience)
1. Must have God’s calling into church ministry.
2. Must have Master of Divinity degree or equivalent experience
3. Christian ministry experience in a College & Young Adult Ministry environment preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit inquiries and resumes to spcenglishministry gmail.com.
- 2 years ago - save job