Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Resource Development, the Customer Service Coordinator will be responsible for delivering exceptional donor-centric service to enhance donor satisfaction and loyalty, and will support initiatives and on-going activities to thank, inform and build organizational trust amongst United Way's donors. The Customer Service Coordinator will also be the first line of communication for United Way Silicon Valley constituent inquiries, issues and requests, and will provide general administrative and logistical support for Resource Development management
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Oversight of the implementation and execution of major corporate partner Memorandums of Understanding provisions pertaining to back office functions.
- Handling inbound phone calls on United Way Silicon Valley's main line.
- Managing responses to emails received through organization's customer service email address.
- Administering donor acknowledgement/thank you process.
- Providing back-up coverage for reception front desk.
- Generation and mailing of annual tax receipts to donors.
- Quarterly donor database clean-up.
- Conducting annual donor satisfaction survey.
- Coordinate annual donor "thank-a-thon"
- Providing general administrative and logistical support for the SVP of Resource Development and VP of Corporate & Revenue Development on an as-needed basis.
- Providing support as assigned in United Way Silicon Valley's Emergency Response Plan.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to write and speak clearly and concisely.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and creatively, exercising sound judgment.
- Professional attitude and demeanor; Can represent the organization effectively when dealing with all constituencies.
- Comfortable working with numbers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product.
- Can work on a computer keyboard in comfort through an eight-hour shift.
United Way Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from bilingual and multilingual candidates.
- High School diploma required; Associates degree preferred
- Minimum of two years experience working in an office setting, preferably in a customer service or administrative role.
- Demonstrated track record of setting and meeting goals.
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
Job offers at UWSV are contingent upon submission to, and successful completion of, background checks and drug/alcohol screens.