Fluor is seeking an Electrical Supervisor in support of the West Sound Base Operations Support Contract, located in Puget Sound/Bremerton area of Washington State.
Provide incidental engineering and manage the total work effort associated with operations, sustainment, restoration, and modernization of the electrical transmission and distribution system and standby generators. Serve as the subject matter expert for review and approval of Contractor plans, switching orders and procedures related to the operation and maintenance of the electrical transmission and distribution systems; provides review/approval of related scopes of work and cost proposals provided to the Government.
The applicant must be willing to be assigned to the Greenville office on a temporary assignment and then mobilize to project site upon contract award.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Is required to be adept in the activities of the workers supervised.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet deadlines.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
Fluor values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Position is contingent upon award Basic Job Requirements • 10 years relevant experience at a comparable level of responsibility in projects of similar size, scope and complexity.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited College or University.
- Documented training and experience with microprocessor-based relays, SCADA systems, low and medium breakers, high voltage transmission and low voltage distribution systems, substations, large generator controls and operation and electrical protective relay coordination studies for large industrial complexes.
- Registered Professional Electrical Engineer in the State of Washington or obtain registration in the State of Washington within four months of the contract start via reciprocity process from another US state. Preferred Qualifications • Prior Military and/or Contingency Operations experience preferred.
Fluor Canada Ltd. - 19 months ago
From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. It...