Software Development Engineer Dell SecureWorks
With over 2,900 clients, Dell SecureWorks has become one of the leading Security as a Service providers safeguarding more organizations 24x7 than any other vendor. Positioned in the Leader's Quadrant in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs), Dell SecureWorks is the only named leader that focuses exclusively on information security services. Dell SecureWorks protects our clients through our on-demand Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform augmented with applied security research and 100% GIAC-certified experts.
The Software Engineer/Developer will be a key member of the engineering team, responsible for designing, developing, and testing software in a multi-platform environment using cutting-edge technology. The engineer/developer will work with system administrators, security analysts, and customers to ensure that we produce high quality products that exceed expectations. This is a challenging and also very rewarding position where interesting projects in security are implemented in order to protect our clients from Internet intrusions.
- 2+ years Java development knowledge
- Perl programming experience
- Linux/UNIX fundamentals including development and kernel knowledge
- Linux scripting skills
- Networking knowledge: TCP, UDP, Socket IO, OSI layer knowledge
- MySQL, XML, shell scripting and experience with RDBMS
- Rest services design and development
- JUnit Testing
- Familiar with Agile Development process- XML Schema design a plus
- C/C++ development knowledge a plus
- Internet Security knowledge and experience a plus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop software systems and applications
- Participate in developing recommendations for architecture of the applications portfolio.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure functionality and performance issues including interfaces to databases.
- Provide systems operational support, technical skills to monitor, operate and maintain technical infrastructure and test new methods, software, hardware, data flow and interfaces with existing systems
- Implement web frameworks used to develop enhanced user experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid technical knowledge of high level programming languages, databases, interfaces, and familiarity with application program development alternatives.
- In-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives.
- Proven understanding of state of the art application development support software packages, proficiency in at least one higher level programming language.
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of interface design and user centered design methods.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with peers, IT management and staff, and internal/external business partners/clients.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically a minimum of five years of systems analysis and application program development experience
- Applicant must have strong knowledge and skill sets in Java
- Applicant must have strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX fundamentals and be well versed with relational databases. The applicant must also be project oriented and able to work with minimal day-to-day direction.
- Information security knowledge is preferred
- The applicant must be highly motivated and willing to take on projects under deadline
- Experienced in building high quality and high performance systems
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...