UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Purpose of Position:
To provide front line production leadership to a manufacturing team, utilizing standardized processes as the keystone of the daily activities required to deliver business results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost. Establish a world-class manufacturing organization to support current and future challenges. This position will have direct reporting responsibility for a team consisting of hourly leads and assemblers in support of the business.
- Provide motivational leadership and communication to all team associates to ensure understanding and attainment of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory performance objectives and weekly shipments.
- Coordinate material and resource planning to ensure daily delivery and productivity goals are met along with on-time delivery and inventory targets.
- Ensure proper staffing levels, quality and quantity, to meet customer requirements and achieve productivity targets.
- Utilize, drive, and promote understanding of organizational tools and resources to ensure the delivery of business objectives and a culture of continuous improvement. Develop and implement kaizen plans, daily management, lean conversion, and countermeasures.
- Create and revise standard operational and working practices, train employees and ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Take active role in safety awareness and accident prevention.
- Develop a world-class operations organization by providing training, coaching, and counseling as appropriate.
- Incumbent will be responsible for promoting an ethics-based business culture, ensuring all associates are aware of and fully comply with UTC's Code of Ethics. This includes taking all steps necessary to foster open communications and to support UTC's compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
- Reports to Plant Manager
- Direct reports include: Cell Leaders & Assemblers
- Internal relationships exist with all functional department heads and staff (i.e. Quality, HR, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, ACE Leader, Supply Chain Manager, Master Scheduler, Maintenance, Customer Service and General Management.)
- External relationship may include suppliers/vendors, Customers, and Auditors.
Measures of Performance:
For area(s) of responsibility:
- Safety (# of OSHA Recordables)
- Warranty PPM
- Rework $'s, Scrap $'s, Internal PPM
- On-Time Delivery (OTD %)
- Month-end Past Due $'s
- Forecast Accuracy
- Shipment Linearity %
- Labor efficiency / Productivity (%)
- Value Stream Inventory Dollars
- Others per annual policy deployment objectives
Scope and Impact of Position and Responsibilities:
The incumbent of this position directly impacts the building and shipping of product to our customers, as well as the morale and well-being of subordinates.
BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing / Technology, or equivalent required. MS and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 2 year proven shop floor operations leadership / supervisory experience in a multi-functional manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Working knowledge and advanced training in lean manufacturing concepts and techniques with significant exposure to Kanban managed supply chain, preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and enhance a suboptimal organization including the formal development of direct reports, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a rapid changing, intense, and demanding environment.
- Outstanding spreadsheet utilization skills along with proficiency in word processing and presentation software (MS Office).
- Ability to understand and interpret blueprints and engineering specifications.
Personal Trait Profile:
- Excellent communicator and team-builder
Exceptional leadership skills including ability to drive improvements / results across departments
- Independent with strong sense of initiative (self-directed)
- Strong ability to balance the need for results with a focus on processes
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Mentorship passion and ability
- Strong negotiation skills
- Multi-tasked, flexible, open-minded
- Analytical, fact based problem solver
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Decisive, fair, consistent
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency
- Stress tolerant in a fast paced, result oriented manufacturing environment
- Ability to positively motivate teams around stretch goal successes
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- 2 years ago - save job