Basic Purpose: Implements marketing plans in a territory through personal selling to achieve a budgeted order volume. Promotes the Company and its products. Establishes opportunities for profitable business growth and reports on business and competitive activities in the market place.
Position Specifications: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education/work experience plus 4-6 years direct sales experience in a related field. Well-developed interpersonal skills required. Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy, under pressure and with frequent interruptions. Must have a working knowledge of personal computers. Must possess strong diplomacy, administrative, interpersonal and problem solving skills. A professional appearance is required. Self-motivated, an ability to work with minimum supervision.
Functional Scope: Sales volume of approximately $5-10 Million. Responsible for various primary and secondary accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Travel Requirements: Excessive domestic travel.
- Develop personal relationships and rapport with key buying and design influences at major customers.
- Assist on the global management of specific key accounts.
- Achieve budgeted order volume.
- Develop and implement strategies to penetrate accounts and increase order volume.
- Implement marketing plans through personal selling.
- Promote Amphenol products and assists customers in selecting the correct parts to fit the application.
- Collect competitive data and reports to Marketing.
- Represent the Company in the market place and develop positive customer attitudes towards the Company.
- Assist in order budgeting and project orders as required.
- Control expenses appropriate to performance and assigned territory.
- Regular participation and maintenance of Company business opportunity management software (M-Power) as established by Management.
- Provide feedback on market conditions and trends.
- Maintain customer service levels through expediting orders, quotations, samples etc.
- Negotiate corporate contracts on behalf of the Company.
Overview: Amphenol Global Interconnect Systems is 1 of 7 operating groups in Amphenol, containing a collection of standard and customer products and capabilities and serving diverse markets worldwide. Main products include copper and fiber optic assemblies and components, bus bars, power distribution systems, backplane and chassis assembly systems and engineered value added assemblies serving Wireless, IT, Industrial and Communication markets worldwide.
Amphenol RF is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Amphenol RF - 10 months ago