Novelis is the leading producer of rolled aluminum products in Europe and South America, the number two producer in both North America and Asia, and the global leader in aluminum beverage can recycling.
As the world leader in the recycling of aluminum beverage cans, we recycle approximately 40 billion cans each year enough to circle the globe more than 100 times.
With industry-leading assets and technology around the globe, we produce the highest quality aluminum sheet and foil products for customers in premium-value markets including transportation, packaging, architecture, electronics and printing. Our customers include some of the largest and best-known brands in the world.
While a global company—operating plants in 11 countries, with nearly 11,000 employees and reported revenue of $11.1 billion in the 2012 fiscal year—we are invested in, and committed to, the local communities in which we live and work.
As part of our ongoing expansion in Surface Science research at our global research & technology center in Kennesaw, GA, we are looking for a materials scientist with a strong background in microstructure/property relationships and proven skills in applying high resolution Electron Optical techniques to the characterization of Near Surface Microstructures on aluminum. Preferred candidates will also have experience of various forms of corrosion testing and failure analysis. Relevant qualifications will probably include a BSc in Metallurgy, or Materials Science and a Ph.D involving detailed characterization of aluminum surface microstructures.
We are looking for someone who can quickly establish themselves as an accomplished investigator supporting various developments in surface engineered products.
· Strong background in Al surface microstructures and associated properties, combined with experience in applying corrosion/electrochemical techniques.
· Proven skills in applying modern Electron Optical techniques to the study of Near Surface Microstructures on aluminum (, STEM, EDX etc).
· Broad experience of specimen preparation techniques for detailed surface characterization.
· Proven interpretative abilities; especially in respect of aluminum surfaces.
· Strong time management skills and a proven ability to multi-task,
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Previous experience working in multi-disciplinary teams,
· Exposure to metal forming and tribological systems.
· Understanding of the aspects of the chemical conversion of aluminum surfaces, and the methods of surface functionalization and the characterization of thin functional films.
Research and Development
US-Georgia-1950 Vaughn Road Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
Novelis Inc. (Novelis) is an aluminum rolled products producer. The Company produces aluminum sheet and light gauge products for end use...