Direct telephone and in-person traffic to the appropriate personnel and performs other administrative tasks as directed.
- Front Desk Management - Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel. Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department. Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable. Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information. Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel. Monitors visitor access.
- Office Support - Updates appointment calendars. Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications. Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes. Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary. Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality..
- Safety - Maintains a safe working environment, follows safe work practices, and contributes to overall team safety.
- Role Model/Impression Professional in dress and demeanor. Serves as a role model for individuals served and coworkers. Assists with problem solving in the community. Creates positive impression with families, customers and the community.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months related experience and/or training preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Bilingual preferred. English and Spanish.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
At least 18 years of age.
Must have a solid understanding/knowledge of community resources.
- A fun, creative work environment
- Paid Training
- Advancement opportunities
- Strong support and encouragement from upper management
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
- Supplemental Insurance products including Critical Illness and Accidental Injury (all employees 20 hours or more)
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
SL Start - 17 months ago