Provides patient care support to physicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaison between patient and healthcare provider.
- Prepares patients for visit by directing/accompanying patients to the examining room, provide gowns/drapes, assist with proper positioning of patient for the examination and/or treatment.
- Takes and records vital signs and medical histories.
- Assists health care providers during examinations as directed. Duties may include, but are not limited to, performing dressing changes, taking vital signs, preparing medications, applying/removing casts/splints, removing sutures/staples and preparing laboratory test requests.
- Prepares and orders prescriptions as directed by provider or RN, or for Rehab, DME, etc. and documents in EMR. Places orders via fax or telephone as required.
- Schedules appointments, tests, procedures, and/or surgery following all scheduling protocols.
- Maintains medical records, scans various documentation into EMR such as hospital dictation, disability/other insurance forms, vital signs, laboratory test requests, discharges or any other correspondence, as well as keying data into computer to maintain office and patient records. Updates patient history within 24 hours of visit.
- Maintains treatment rooms which may include the following: prepares treatment rooms including appropriate supplies, instruments, and equipment for examination of patients on a daily basis. Cleans examination rooms between patient visits and at clinic end and disposes of contaminated supplies per protocol. Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments and equipment. Inventories and orders medical supplies.
- Other duties may also be assigned by Providers/Licensed Clinical Staff
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to patient phone calls, makes follow-up calls, and documents in EMR
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR, AED) certificates required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required
- Graduate of an accredited MA Program preferred
- Two years orthopaedic experience preferred
- Three years medical office experience preferred
- Certified Orthopaedic Tech preferred
- Proficient in EMR use
- Strong knowledge orthopaedic terminology
- Strong knowledge of orthopaedic surgical and diagnostic procedures
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in all written and oral communications, including email, with patients, team members, payors (if needed), and other healthcare professionals
- Strong working knowledge of HIPAA and Safety guidelines
- Ability to interact effectively with patients/families
- Ability to travel between multiple site locations
Apply for this job:
Resurgens is an equal opportunity employer.
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job to a friend
Resurgens Orthopaedics - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard