Manager - Finance-1205246
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
- This Finance Manager for the Global Billing & Settlement team will be responsible for leading change in managing the Billing process for Global Business Travel. This individual will have 10-15 direct reports to lead and will work to manage the US billing operation and develop strategies and execute plans to improve processes.
- This role will oversee the end-to-end delivery of client settlements for GBT within the US region in partnership with our Business Process Optimization partner.
- Primary responsibilities include managing a team of business analysts, ensuring controls and compliance to financial processes
- This leader will also play a key role in managing projects focused on:
- Reengineering legacy processes
- Reducing costs associated with processing billing settlements
- Leveraging technology and BPO services to develop effective strategies to transform the client billing and settlement function
- Collaborate globally to standardize processes
- Oversee contract audits,
- Identify, deliver against and/or act as SME for revenue recovery initiatives
- Must possess strong financial acumen and be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively collaborate both internally and externally to ensure critical linkages are established in order to achieve goals.
- Act as billing and settlements main point of contact for the US region while partnering with Client Management, Service Delivery Network and Global Travel Technologies, etc.
- Continual demonstration of strategic thought leadership while driving change management principles across the team(s).
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Tenured people leader with demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate both direct reports and cross-functional project teams
- Strong financial acumen
- Process orientation
- Strong analytical and reengineering mind set with project management skills and demonstrated problem-solving experience in a complex, matrix environment.
- Strength in strategic and analytical thinking
- Leadership abilities to coach, mentor and drive results with direct reports while ensuring employee engagement
- Understanding of the travel industry a plus but not necessary
- Formal Six Sigma training and quality management a plus
- Enjoys working in an ambiguous and dynamic environment; comfortable with managing competing priorities and taking initiative to drive projects to completion
- MBA, Finance Degree, CPA or similar education or certification a strong plus
Primary Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix
American Express - 2 years ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...