High School Diploma or GED
WA State Registered Counselor-Agency Affiliated Counselor
The Social Services Case Manager is a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team assuming responsibility for: assessing the psycho-social needs and resources of the acute hospitalized mentally ill consumer; coordinating and implementation psycho-social services; assessing the discharge needs and resources of the consumer and their significant relations; assisting the consumer and/or their significant relations to obtain necessary services and resources.
1. Responsible for psycho-social evaluations/assessments, and coordination of services between the treatment team and the family/support systems, and outpatient providers of assigned patients.
2. Demonstrate ability to coordinate discharge planning aftercare services and the ability to interact in a community setting, work closely with other professional and staff not part of employee=s organization for discharge planning.
3. Provide care appropriate to the age and specific needs of the patient served.
4. Document services and maintains patient medical records.
5. Use clinical supervision and/or consultations when appropriate and as assigned. Attends appropriate available continuing education.
6. Demonstrate ability to utilize information systems and possess good oral and written communication skills.
7. Exemplify a team concept.
8. Work independently and manages work time and resources effectively.
9. Must work effectively under pressure handling demands from multiple sources professionally.
Registered Counselor Certificate in the State of Washington
Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
Three (3) years experience in a social service agency or experience in mental health setting
Bachelor Degree in social/behavioral sciences or social work
Bilingual and/or English-Spanish speaking abilities
Lourdes Medical Center - 3 years ago