Develop, negotiate and implement/execute media buys. Be
an integral part of the client service team by
developing, managing and insuring the proper
implementation of the media campaign. Maintain positive
and clear relationships with representatives of media
outlets, while managing and monitoring the effectiveness
of ongoing media buys against goals. Responsible for
accurate record-keeping, invoice reconciliation and
reporting. Provide direction to Media Buyers and Sr.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Negotiate pricing and contract terms for media
placement in specific channel for client media
campaigns. Make vendor selections and placement without
2. Documentation of all media placements, including
generation of insertion orders, work orders, etc. Strive
to effectively reduce client media costs from documented
3. Monitor effectiveness of each media buy. This
includes recognizing, identifying, and solving execution
issues with all media buys through independent critical
analysis and decision making resulting in necessary
revisions to buys.
4. Execute new lead generation opportunities and
research and understand new opportunities to recommend
to internal client teams.
5. Creative elements specification and delivery
management. Confirm that creative elements are delivered
to vendors in timely manner meeting specifications and
6. Monitor all budgets and expenditures during each
campaign (monthly) through regular (daily) vendor
7. Regular reporting of campaign placements, including
number of leads expected and results.
8. Stay on top of industry media trends and issues.
Consider and take preventative measures to insure that
media partners are following best practices.
9. Review and recommend new media channels and vendors
for consideration in ongoing media campaigns.
10. Provide an ongoing review of data management systems
and processes. Provide insights and make recommendations
of how improvement and enhancements might be
11. Oversee the training of the media team as to the
best practices of media planning and buying.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
Ability to communicate with team
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to write in a
clear, succinct manner
Client facing skills and presentation skills
Ability to train and mentor other buyers, serve as
subject matter expert in their channel (Sr. Media Buyer)
Time management skills
Excellent customer service skills and sales skills
Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Utilize negotiation skills to obtain most favorable
pricing and programs outcomes for clients.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
- College degree recommended
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- Experience working successfully within a team
- Strong negotiation and pleasant interpersonal skills
- Experience managing projects and budgets