Educational Data Systems, Inc. (EDSI), a 34-year-old, private company, is dedicated to helping individuals move from unemployment to employment. We do this through counseling, customized training and job development. Our company provides these services to clients at over 35 offices in Washington D.C. and eight states: Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana and North Carolina. We are ISO 9001 certified which enables us to maintain the level of organization necessary to effectively meet all of our clients’ needs.
EDSI offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance, 401k program with employer matching, tuition reimbursement, an optional work-flex program, employer-sponsored group life insurance and disability coverage, as well as paid time off.
Scope of Position
- To identify and contact prospective employers. To solicit position openings in order to build an active job bank. To act as a liaison between local employers and program participants. To identify job related responsibilities and tasks through job analysis.
- Establish working relationships with local employers; interact with personnel and/or manager responsible for the hiring of new employees
- Solicit job openings from employers and organize detailed job descriptions for job bank
- Review participant employment skills and match with active positions in the job bank
- Record job responsibilities and task data in the project database
- Enter all employer data and position descriptions in the job bank
- Assist with Job Club activities as needed
- Act as an Instructor of the Readiness Training
- Listen, ask effective questions and document responses
- Network with area business organizations
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have 1-3 years of sales experience.
- Must have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Should have skills and experience in providing career development assistance.
- Should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have notable experience in a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, education, human resources or related area is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and an automobile are required
- Should be able to converse with a wide range of professionals and demonstrate a positive professional attitude.
Click on the link below to complete your skills profile: