Responsible for coding, tracking and troubleshooting insurance claims in the Athena EHR system. Responsible for working self-pay lists and practice dashboards in Athena. Working with the Athena analyst, the Director, and the PHO, ensures that provider credentialing is up-to-date and does not lapse. Has frequent telephone contacts with insurance carriers to resolve claim issues. Performs other duties as assigned by the Practice Manager and the Director of Physician Practices required.
Wage Range: $11.02-$15.43
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• One year of physician billing experinece desired.
• Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9CM coding guidelines required.
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology and insurance practices required.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
- Previous experience with an Electronic Health Record desired.