Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device and one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. We are seeking a passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineer who has experience building test automation for mission critical software and reusable software libraries to help shape the future of eBooks.
We own the design, architecture, and implementation of a platform to enable reading innovation across file formats and operating systems. Our software supports Kindle customers on all major mobile platforms. Our engineers enjoy working as a team and welcome the opportunity to lead whenever possible.
The Software Engineer in Test (SDET) will provide technical leadership and design and build test suites and frameworks to test and support of java and C++ applications across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded and application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and projects in a dynamic environment.
To learn more about the Kindle team at Amazon, visit www.amazon.com/careers/kindle and apply now.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments.
- Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
- Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team
- Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation.
- Instilling best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 1-3+ years of software development experience, including C++, Java
- Experience in OOP, C++, device development and performance testing.
- Expert level Java, C++ or C# skills
- Experience building and designing test cases
- Experience with testing methodologies (unit, Scrum)
- Familiarity with Mobile technologies
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Embedded Linux experience a plus.
- iOS or Android experience a plus.
- 3+ years of Mobile applications development (Java/C++).
- Any experience with building layout/rendering systems such as Trident or Gecko
- Demonstrated experience delivering innovative products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Superior design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns.
- Engineering process expertise, with a full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills.
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...