JOB TITLE: Global Sales Director
BUSINESS: CIRCOR Flow Technologies Group – Spence Engineering
LOCATION: Walden, NY USA – position can be done remotely
SALARY RANGE: Competitive
The CIRCOR Flow Technologies Group is headquartered in Spartanburg, SC and is currently comprised of businesses that are leaders in control values, regulators and other devices used in applications ranging from high temperature steam regulation in municipal and institutional HVAC systems to specialized fluid control systems for marine vessels and fueling stations for CNG-powered vehicles.
Spence Engineering Company, founded in 1926, produces pressure and temperature regulators, a variety of valves, pneumatic controls, steam traps, condensate pumps, muffling orifices, noise suppressors and steam filters. These products are used in commercial and industrial applications that utilize process steam, such as manufacturing and chemical processing plants and steam heating and air conditioning loops operated by municipalities, universities and hospitals. www.spenceengineering.com
The CFT group has annual global sales of over $250 million. The CFT is part of CIRCOR International (NYSE: CIR) headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts. www.circor.com
JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
The Director of Global Sales is a direct report to the General Manager. This position leads a team comprised of the National Sales Manager, International Sales Manager, Product Manager and Customer Service Manager. The sales organization works with a sales representative network with 90 domestic and 20 international reps.
As a leadership team member, the successful candidate will partner with other staff members to plan and execute the strategic and financial commitments of the business. The Director is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining all internal and external policies and procedures pertaining to customer service, account management, and product management. The Director will oversee the sales function, ensuring that the business objectives of revenue growth and profit expansion are realized. The position will also be responsible for directing all marketing efforts, to include strategic planning for market share gain / expansion, as well as tactical marketing and advertising activities.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Direct the marketing activities of company to provide technical support and marketing communication to our customers and representatives.
- Serve key leadership role in the creation of annual business strategy, to include initiatives to gain market share in served markets and identify and penetrate new markets
- Direct the efforts of product management and marketing to serve as the primary idea source for new product development projects
- Preparation of annual sales plan, setting budgeting and profitability goals
- Selection, management, and training of domestic and international representatives
- Serve key leadership role in cross functional Sales / Inventory / Operations / Planning (SIOP) process; providing critical feedback to the operations and supply chain teams on product line growth, decline, and other planning requirements
- Direct the Customer Service Department to provide world class assistance for all served customers from time of order entry to time of shipping
- Direct the review and administration of all contracts for commercial and government customers to ensure accurate and timely fulfillment.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline required; MBA preferred
- Experience: Prior experience in the sales and marketing of valves or instrumentation to the industrial and process industries. Experience in commercial real estate and/or institutional district heating systems preferred.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully management multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Builds bridges and connections. Is easy to approach and talk to; is a good listener; relates well to all people throughout the organization. Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; admits mistakes. Follows through on commitments. Honest and candid.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy; enjoys challenges; drives for results. Versatility, flexibility and a wiliness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media
- Passion for data, analysis, trends, reporting and technology. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write clearly and informatively routine reports, correspondence, and designs work flows and procedures. Presents numerical data effectively.
- Advanced knowledge of JDE/MRP, Access, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and other applicable tools.
CIRCOR International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation).
- Approximately 65% travel required.
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
CIRCOR, International - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard