Analyst, Analytics and Intelligence
You’re fluent in the various technologies that define the online space and are passionate about understanding their impact on human behavior. As someone with an appreciation for both the Humanities and Sciences, you are considered a healthy skeptic by your peers. You strive to balance innovative and creative thinking with mathematical and scientific foundations and have a firm understanding of business and marketing analytics. You recognize that Consumer Insights is integral in the world of Digital Brand Consulting and strive to use fact-based insights to drive digital brand strategy creation, optimization and execution.
As an Analyst in Analytics and Intelligence, you will be a key part of the Edelman Digital Insights team. Your core focus will be on the execution of analysis and delivery of insights, project management and supporting growth of accounts in tandem with Account Management teams.
Edelman Digital is the world’s first and largest global social agency. We leverage the industry’s best talent, combining insight driven business strategy, creative problem solving and flawless execution. This leads to measurable results for our clients and tangible value for their stakeholders.
We focus on the intersection of culture, commerce and media, assisting brands in leveraging digital and social tools to further engage their markets in ways that lead to improved relevance, affinity and preference….and ultimately, revenue. We combine deep digital expertise with Edelman’s incredible communication credentials to create integrated and effective communications and experiences for our clients.
We are at a critical juncture in communications where the online market conversation has never been louder, further reaching, nor more active. Social media and digital marketing are now not “nice to haves” in the communications mix, they are essential to a brand’s overall image and success.
o 70% - Supporting on existing accounts
- Interface directly with Account teams and Clients to design research programs and deliver marketing performance reports and ad hoc research studies.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff on day-to-day tactical implementation of theory to real-world projects.
- Support the Divisional Director on day-to-day project operations including but not limited to: project status updates, support on proposal development, project management, and resource planning.
- Act as a primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on research best practices, methodological innovation and research technology implementation.
- Effectively distill data into coherent analysis, insights and ultimately actionable recommendations in straight forward and simple language.
- Act as a lead on Q&A of outgoing reports to ensure deliverables meet standards expected by clients and senior leadership.
- Support the development of quantitative and qualitative analysis standards and custom analysis models to effectively track marketing performance, trends, and opportunities within all digital channels utilized by our clients.
- Support internal research initiatives focused on developing new research methodologies, best practices and expanding Edelman Digital’s reputation as a Digital Analytics and Intelligence thought leader.
- Work with internal senior leadership to leverage fact-based insights to optimize strategy and program development, define KPIs for success and implement measurement programs to gauge performance on KPIs.
- Participate in a North America-wide measurement task force and help establish and support an agency-wide measurement approach.
- Stay informed on the communications and marketing analytics industry, including new technologies, methodologies and important new vendors.
- Stay informed about client industries including their technologies, products, target markets and competitors.
- Expected work responsibilities include:
o 10% - Supporting on new business
o 10% - Development of IP and optimization of existing approaches
o 10% - Internal training and development / day to day management
- Have a strong grasp of social media, how and why it’s used and experience executing research across key platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Blogs.
- Have an understanding of how to execute project work using social media-relevant research methods including but not limited to: conversation analysis, post performance analysis, engagement retention and modeling, forecasting and driver analysis.
- Familiarity with tools such as Radian6, Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon, Google Analytics, Omniture, Buddy Media, Vitrue
- Have 1-3 years of relevant professional experience conducting consumer research and digital analytics.
- Strong analytical skills with an understanding of statistical analysis and social science research methods.
- Experience with CRM or data mining approaches.
- Strong business acumen with a basis in understanding fundamental marketing principles. Experience in brand consulting or brand-related insights work would be an added asset.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have a bachelor or graduate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution.
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 67 offices and more than 4,800 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2012 “Digital Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top ten “Best Places to Work” in 2011 and 2012. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), BioScience Communications (medical communications), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Edelman - 14 months ago
If image truly is everything, then Edelman may be one of the most indispensable companies around. Daniel J. Edelman, which does business...