Staples is always looking for great talent. We post both current and future jobs in anticipation of our hiring needs.
Please note your application will remain active for 90 days.
Position Title: Production Specialist
Reports To: Production Center General Manager
The Production Specialist is accountable for meeting and exceeding sales and margin budgets in the production center through the efficient production of quality work. The team member’s primary responsibility is to consistently support procedures, processes and programs in the production center and to execute productivity, quality and efficiency improvement plans. The specialist must ensure that the entire team is delivering work done right, on time by meeting and exceeding customer sevice standards and executing the Production Center Workflow and Quality Assurance Process. The specialist exhibits advanced proficiency in one or more aspects of the production process and while still maintaining overall production responsibility, may carry additional responsibility for a specific function or department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Production and Customer Service
- Responsible to coordinate workflow within area of functional expertise.
- Specialist will be required to professionally interact with customers and the sales team to provide information within area of functional expertise.
- Operate production level digital printer/copier equipment, producing high volume of work.
- Operation of variety finishing equipment including cutters, drills and bindery.
- Effectively prepare and troubleshoot various files formats and change to PDF print-ready status.
- Production of work in accordance with the Production Center Workflow and Quality Assu rance Process.
- Responsible for the insuring that all work produced is in accordance with the job ticket and customer’s quality expectations.
- Responsible for the reproduction of multiple orders requiring the ability to multi-task between numerous produ ctions and finishing projects on a continuous basis as well as reprioritize as needed to insure deadlines are met.
- Run orders on time while maximizing the machines productivity.
- Properly use and care for all equipment in compliance with operating instr uctions; use machine log/call list and escalation process to schedule machine and equipment maintenance. Complete daily click entry report.
- Ensure facility is clean and organized, safety precautions are being followed.
- Follow policies and procedures ( e.g., Copyright Procedures).
- Give professional presentation by complying with dress code requirements.
- Provide knowledge, direction and other input as needed to customers and the Copy Specialists.
- Answer phones, respond to customer inquiries and/or a ccept and transfer correspondence to appropriate parties.
Training and Development
- Review Production Center P&L with your manager on a period basis.
- Utilize & maintain equipment in accordance with processes that maximize utilization and minimize costs.
- Execute on the Production Center Workflow and Quality Assurance Process to minimize waste.
- Specialist responsible to recognize opportunities, create & implement productivity and quality process improvement plans.
- Implement process improvement plans to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Utilize HR Express to track compliance with required trainings as indicated on the L&D Curriculum. Participate in all scheduled training (workshops and Vendor Training).
- Identif y and report process improvement opportunities to supervisor or manager. Be actively engaged in the Quality Assurance process.
- Facilitate trainings for production associates in area of specialization.
- Copy, Print, Ship
- Bindery/Finishing & Fulfillment
- Quality Control
- Production tracking/workflow
Staples - 17 months ago
As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more than 26...