Act as a technical systems lead for the Enterprise Financial Services team working on initiatives for various Staples business units. Participate in numerous projects that are targeted at the goals of the business unit. Sustain a high level of responsibility with the business to meet requirements and provide updates regarding the status of projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with business teams and other areas of information technology to understand and contribute to the execution of Enterprise Financial Services projects by providing technical leadership and application expertise.
- Create macro and micro design documents to support projects business and functional requirements.
- Work collaboratively with financial business teams, project management and various cross functional IT teams to develop and implement effective solutions.
- Work closely with development to understand, define and help execute the technical roadmaps developed for financial services including adjustments as needed based on business environment and priorities.
- Provide technical leadership by helping establish best practices, recommending design solutions, identifying opportunities to refactor code, overseeing project execution and mentoring team members for a robust and scalable architecture.
- Understand business requirements and make technical design decisions that fulfill them.
- Ensure compliance with PCI, software development lifecycle (SDLC) and all other systems management policies.
- Ensure technical design reviews and code reviews are performed for projects.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical design decisions within the context of project scope.
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Business Owners, QM Analysts, and Application Support Teams to understand all stakeholder requirements.
- Embrace, recommend and apply new technologies as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Engineering Field
8-10 years related IT work experience
8-10 years experience designing high performing, scalable applications in an enterprise environment.
Strong application development skills including: JAVA, J2EE, JBoss, Tomcat, SOAP Web Services / Spring / Hibernate / EJB2, JDBC, JMS, XML, JDOM, SAX, JNDI, Log4J, IBM MQ Series
8-10 years experience with OS Platforms: UNIX / Linux
Strong application development knowledge, with a focus in high volume transaction processing
Retail Industry Experience
iSeries platform (AS/400)
PCI Compliance Rules
Knowledge about Information Security tools and protocols
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Self-tarter, work independently or as a team member, and have strong communication skills in interfacing with business partners and the IT Community.
Demonstrated ability for team work and collaboration
Excellent documentation skills
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent analytical skills
Strong time management and organizational skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples is a world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities leader. In fact, we're one of the world’s top five online retailers...