The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Full Time Pre Analytical Assistant II to work in Denver, CO.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:00pm - 5:30am, overtime as needed
Currently, we seek a Pre-Analytical Assistant II. Basic Purpose: The Pre-Analytical Assistant II in the Technical Operations Department is responsible for knowing all of the functions of the Pre-Analytical Assistant I, plus additional functions.
1. Minimal data entry skills
2. Good organizational skills
3. Understanding of specimen types related to test(s) ordered
4. Clinical department requirements with regard to specimen types and quantity needed for each test, specimen handling and delivery
5. Understanding of compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis
6. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to change and pursuit of continuous improvement
7. Commitment to fulfilling internal and external customer requirements in the course of carrying our routine position responsibilities
8. Willingness to actively contribute to a team based working environment
9. Ability and willingness to support the goals of the department with regard to staffing needs on weekends, holidays, on call and overtime
10. Tasks and responsibilities be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner
11. Performance task proficiency includes but is not limited to the following manual functions: - sorting- racking- pickup and delivery of specimens to the laboratory- specimen storage [this position might also be trained to run the sorters in archive mode]- centrifugation- aliquoting.
12. This individual will have completed the necessary training consistent with local business unit practices for the Technical Operations Department. Prior to promotion to this level, the Pre-Analytical Assistant II must show a strong proficiency in all areas noted above.
The Pre-Analytical Assistant II is involved in more complex processing including but not limited to:
1. Load Building for all departments
2. Add Test processing
3. Work flow management into and within Tech Ops department and delivery to Technical departments
4. Specific functions will require additional data entry skills and good written/verbal communication skills
1. All responsibilities of the Pre-Analytical Assistant I and II; meets or exceeds productivity and quality standards for Pre-Analytical Assistant I.
2. Solves more complex problems on a routine basis.
3. Demonstrates a basic understanding of how Specimen Processing and Tech Ops impact testing departments and result quality.
4. Identifies problems with specimen types vs. test orders, missing information, improperly positioned bar code labels, etc. with regard to load building, aliquoting, and test add processing.
5. Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimens received with load building to correct departments.
6. Completes all required written documentation such that it is understandable to others, legible and within the assigned time frame.
7. Meets quality and production standards within 6 months of completing training.
8. Learns additional functions within Tech Ops and Specimen Processing to ensure cross functional support.
9. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines; supports the department's performance in the event of coworker absences.
10. Adheres to all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures, including safety and compliance.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
12. Demonstrates an understanding of compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services
1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
2. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff both verbally and written.
3. Maintains composure while working under pressure.
4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take in resolving problems.
5. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics' Core Values, safety, compliance and work process policies and procedures.
6. Works in a biohazard environment, in compliance with all applicable safety requirements.
7. Keeps work area neat and clean; complies with 5S workplace standards.
8. Able to sit, stand or walk for long periods; able to lift up to 50 lbs.; maneuver large carts and/or racks with specimens.
9. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive working environment.
10. Demonstrates work assignment flexibility and is able to adapt to change.
11. Must have some flexibility with regard to work schedule.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Prefer at least 1 years experience in a laboratory environment or a production setting.
3. Medical background required which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
4. Must have familiarity with personal computers, basic Windows-based software and good typing skills.
5. Prefer familiarity with mainframe computer operation systems
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics - 20 months ago
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...