Coordinator, Customer Service
1) Provides direct customer service and front desk assistance for assigned department to include but not limited to admitting, registering, scheduling and verifying insurance.
2) Handles customer account transactions, provides customer assistance, and performs and/or oversees cashiering operations.
3) Reconciles daily cash deposit in accordance cash balance policy and procedures.
4) May be required to analyze medical records and charge entry information for financial reimbursement within the guidelines and procedures.
5) Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure patient safety and regulations. May attend departmental meetings and provide constructive recommendations for areas improvement.
6) Takes ownership of assignments; other duties as assigned or requested.
7) Communicates and listens effectively with internal and external customers; effectively understands instructions and shares knowledge.
8) Cooperates & interacts with superiors, peers, other departments, & all customer groups demonstrating our commitment to â€œserviceâ€.
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Desired: Associateâ€™s Degree in related field of study
Ability to type and enter data efficiently and accurately. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate effectively. Knowledge of office procedures. Knowledge of insurance plans. Skilled in a variety of software applications
One (1) year of previously related experience.
Preferred: Previous medical office experience
Lovelace Health System
- 2 years ago - save job