Unix/Linux Systems Administrator (EDC)-724731
Level: Sr. Associate
Responsible for coordination of activities related to the support of enterprise Unix and Linux environments. Works with project, partner, vendor and other production support teams to determine process and procedure definitions needed to establish and maintain servers with established requirements. Supports ongoing support efforts from a day-to-day standpoint.
- Work with business partners and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs.
- Manage day to day systems operations for assigned systems
- Hands on unix/linux administration.
- Provide consultation to projects as required.
- Participate in Oncall rotation as required
- Evaluate processes and procedures for opportunities of improvement
- Document and comply with operationally defined governance and controls
- Track and prioritize activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Continuously work to improve the performance of the teams key metrics
- Communicate via written and verbal methods to manager level and above
- Liaison with project, partner, vendor, and other production support teams for coordination of efforts
- Assists in other duties as needed and directed
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification or military experience
- 2 years of experience in hands on Unix/Linux support
Primary Location: Plano, TX
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or Computers
- 2 years of experience in a large data center operation - 300 servers or more
- 3 years of Administration experience in a Unix/Linux environment
Secondary Location: Richmond, VA
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-Texas-Plano-DFW-Plano Data Center (31007)
Other Locations: United States-Virginia-Glen Allen-Richmond-Knolls II (12036)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting :Unposting Date :
Capital One - 18 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...