Job Summary: |
Provides basic and specialty cleaning services to all areas of the hospital, including patient rooms, offices, hallways, floors and public environments (as assigned) in order to maintain the hospital in a sanitary, safe and attractive condition. Incumbents also collect and transport infectious and regular trash. Incumbents may also be responsible for unloading, replenishing and distributing linen goods according to pre-established quota and par-levels and removing soiled linen from chute rooms and/or other designated areas. Work is performed independently and in accordance with FHS standards and procedures.
Performs daily cleaning and/or linen delivery tasks as assigned, following all FHS policies and procedures. Cleaning tasks may include, but are not limited to: dusting, cleaning and disinfecting vents, furniture, woodwork, bathroom fixtures, showers, whirlpools and portable equipment; washing and making beds; cleaning and disinfecting operating and delivery rooms; washing ceilings and walls; sweeping and mopping hallways, stairwells and public areas; cleaning sinks and toilets; spot-cleaning, shampooing and/or vacuuming carpets. Performs work operating manual, battery-powered and electric equipment. Cleans and maintains equipment such as cleaning cart and janitorâs closet. May unload clean linen carts, deliver linen supplies, stock linens and remove soiled linens as assigned. May order weekly cleaning supplies and chemicals for assigned areas.
Wears prescribed protective gear (i.e., gloves, goggles) appropriate to assignment and observes and participates in all hospital-required Safety, Risk Management, and Infection Control practices, including hand washing/hand sanitizing protocols.
Reports unusual incidents with emphasis on safety and maintenance.
Gathers and disposes of garbage, waste, soiled linen and infectious and regular trash in the prescribed manner.
Performs related duties as required.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Job Food Service/Housekeeping
Primary Location WA-Lakewood-St Clare Hospital
* Shift PRN
* Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
* Weekends Required Occasional
* Status PRN
NWJobs - 5 months ago
St. Francis himself may have hailed from Italy, but his followers look after the health of the residents of the South Puget Sound area...