Environmental Sciences and Planning
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our
staff as a
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on planning projects related to land utilization, urban development, transportation and/or the environment. Our ideal candidate will have excellent technical writing skills. Experience preparing economic, socioeconomic, land use and Environmental Justice evaluations for NEPA documentation is a plus.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Researches and analyzes technical data for studies and reports.
- Develops preliminary site plans for residential, commercial, industrial, recreational or transportation uses.
- Prepares maps, graphics and final plans for presentations.
- May be involved in analysis of specific technical areas.
- Conducts land development, traffic, or environmental impact studies and writes technical portions of reports.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning or a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimal experience required with a Bachelor’s degree. No experience required with a Master’s degree.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop technical writing and communications skills is required.
- The successful candidate will have excellent technical writing skills, with specific experience preparing economic, socioeconomic, land use, and Environmental Justice evaluations for NEPA documentation.
- Our ideal candidate is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- A working knowledge of ArcGIS and IMPLAN (or similar economic modeling software is a plus).
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.