We are looking for a Jr. DBA to assist in building a database server environment, applying necessary hot fixes and/or service packs, upgrading SQL Servers, configuring server parameters, backing up and restoring system and user databases. Candidates main job responsibility will be day to day maintenance of the database environment and be able to perform backups, run queries, create tables, and indexes. This position needs someone that does not want to be a developer in the near future. Candidates will also need to perform capacity planning duties with in the database environment and maintaining incrementally enhancing disaster recovery capabilities for databases. Candidates will also assist in the creation of a user databases, creation of maintenance plans and jobs, user creation and maintenance, database log space monitoring and maintenance.
- All aspects of SQL Server Database Administration including, but not limited to, installation of SQL Server 2008 R2/SQL Server 2012 on stand -alone hosts
- Building database servers, applying necessary hot fixes and/or service packs, upgrading SQL Servers, configuring server parameters, backing up and restoring system and user databases
- Performing capacity planning duties for DB environments
- Maintaining and incrementally enhancing disaster recovery capabilities for databases
- Creation of user databases, creation of maintenance plans and jobs, user creation and maintenance, database log space monitoring and maintenance
- Performance tuning both in terms of SQL tuning and also server level tuning using various configurable parameters
- Comfortable in configuring log shipping, database mirroring, transactional replication
- Hands-on experience with writing T-SQL
- Hands-on experience with migrating SQL Server from lower version to higher version; experience of migrating from Oracle or MySQL to SQL Server is a plus.
- Must be comfortable in configuring and supporting Integration Services packages, Reporting Services, Service Broker applications and Analysis Services (including incremental cube processing).
TEKSystems - 14 months ago
TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America and Europe....