ITT Exelis is powered by ingenuity, which is the hallmark of our business, products and people. Exelis is a leader in networked communications, sensing and surveillance, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in cyber security, composite aero-structures, logistics and technical services. We provide innovative solutions in the areas of command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) and the Information and Technical Services markets. The company has a 50-year legacy of partnering with customers worldwide to deliver affordable, mission-critical products and services for managing global threats, conflicts and complexities.
Exelis Inc.’s Hardware Design Group is looking for a Senior RF Engineer for its Bloomfield, NJ facility.
In this position the selected candidate will derive and develop electrical hardware architectures and designs that meet customer requirements for space, airborne and ground-based hardware development programs. The selected candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and documentation of high-performance RF/microwave circuits, modules, and assemblies for space applications. These applications cover a broad range of technologies including high-power transmitters, high-dynamic-range receivers, analog interfaces, frequency synthesis, and data conversion techniques using analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. Required Experience: • BSEE degree with 8+ years relevant work experience, an MSEE degree with 6+ years relevant work experience, or a PhD with 5+ years relevant work experience required
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information, US Citizenship required Clearance Level Required at Start Date Clearable Minimum Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent Percent of Travel Required Less than 25% Work Status Full-Time
- Minimum of 6 years board-level RF circuit design experience is required.
- Experience in requirements creation, design documentation, modeling, and simulation of RF circuitry required
- Exposure to RF transmitters, receivers, filters (both lumped element and microstrip/stripline), up-conversion and down-conversion techniques, and antenna design required
- Knowledge of design techniques for RF receivers, LNAs, filters, mixers, PLLs, local oscillators, and RF detection circuits required
- Knowledge of RF system principles is required in order to analyze and develop models for validation of designs prior to physical fabrication and test required Desired Skills: • Experience with high-reliability military and/or space-qualified hardware design is highly desirable.
- Experience with board-level RF circuit designs including schematic capture, part evaluation and parts list creation, direction of printed circuit board layout, RF system and link budget analysis, worst-case analysis, RF system, module, and board-level testing, and design validation/troubleshooting.
- Assignments may also include the design of analog/audio circuits incorporating discrete components and ICs such as active/passive filters, op amps, and transistors.
- Experience with RF IC design is highly desireable.
- Familiarity with design tools including ADS, Sonnet, Spectraquest (Cadence), PSPICE, and Matlab is strongly preferred.