At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon, one of the top 100 companies in the United States, has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Technician in our Fulfillment Center. Fulfillment Centers throughout the U.S. handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors and ships them across the globe each day. The successful Technical Support Technician will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the Fulfillment Center that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. The Technical Support Technician position is the second level of support for the operations of the Fulfillment Center and becomes the voice and face of the IT department to our customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
Normal responsibilities include allocation and maintenance of IT equipment throughout the Fulfillment Center. This includes troubleshooting of all IT related equipment such as PCs, wireless handheld devices, thin clients, printers and other end user devices. Technical Support Technician I's are also responsible for small projects within the Fulfillment Center as well as team members for larger scale projects directed by more senior technicians. The Technical Support Technician I will perform some basic systems administration under the supervision and direction of more experienced technicians both within and external to the Fulfillment Center. A Technical Support Technician I is also expected to take initiatives in learning new technologies and pursue career development opportunities as presented in an effort to progress to higher level positions within the IT network. Limited travel may be required. This position reports directly to the IT manager for the Fulfillment Center.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of basic computer/network concepts and terms
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Stand/walk for 10-12 hours at a time
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in a leadership role of small teams
- Experience with small scale project management
- Experience troubleshooting thin clients, PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laser printers and zebra printers.
- Inventory management skills
- Network + Certification or equivalent experience/knowledge
- A+ Certified or equivalent experience/knowledge
- 1-3 years of experience working in a production environment
- Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives
- Willingness to relocate as business needs arise for career advancement opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and customer-centric
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...