The Olive Branch Family YMCA is seeking an Aquatics Director that can make a positive impact on the lives of our members and provide leadership to the Aquatics department. The Olive Branch Family YMCA is a branch of the YMCA of Memphis & Mid-South association
Is responsible for programming, operation, and safety of all three pools. Maintains safe swimming conditions in pools, on the decks, including sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and all other surrounding areas. Operate all swim lessons, water aerobics, and swim team in a quality & safe manner. Scheduling and supervision of lifeguard staff and swim instructors. The enforcement of all aquatic rules and regulations. Conduct all pool maintenance and water chemistry checks for two saline pools and outdoor chlorine water park pool. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Provides direct leadership and instruction to all staff, members, and guests. Ability to motivate others in the areas of self-awareness and self-confidence through swimming and aquatics. Ability to effectively communicate with members, parents, and students. Exercises mature judgment and sound decision-making. Ability to communicate information on aquatic and other YMCA programs to members and participants.
- Develop and operate quality and safe aquatics programs.
- Responsible for the hiring and training of all aquatic staff.
- Maintains all sessions and lessons in Trinexium.
- Schedule and operate all lessons, classes, Y SPLASH, swim team, and events.
- Upholds / maintains Health Department standards for public pools and keeps all daily records on file.
- Monitor and maintain all pool equipment condition and ensures repairs are made as needed.
- Manages the safety and sanitation of the pool area. Oversees pool chemistry readings and take appropriate measures to keep the pool water balanced. (pool logs)
- Performs all assigned duties of Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, and Water Aerobics Instructors, as deemed necessary.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings and in-service training for guards and instructors.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and equipment maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings as needed.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices.
- Coordinates, schedules, and supervises Recreational swim team coach and team.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and monitors budgets to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Mission and Community Oriented: Models honesty, caring, respect and responsibility.
- Practices inclusion and cross-cultural understanding. Models best practices of engaging and partnering with members and community. Assists in the orientation, training, and development of volunteers.
- People Oriented: Uses positional authority appropriately. Effectively engages group dynamics to develop diverse teams. Effectively tailors communications and influence strategies to the audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
- Results Oriented: Monitors qualitative and quantitative expectations. Encourages and supports curiosity, creativity, innovation and calculated risk-taking of others. Provides others with frameworks for decision making. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Cultivates relationships to generate funds. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
- Personal Development Oriented: Manages emotions appropriately. Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.
- Bachelor's degree. (or Associates' degree)
- At least four years related experience preferred as an aquatics supervisor.
- Completion (or in progress) of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications including: Advance First Aid and CPR Instructor, Group Exercise, Lifeguard Instructor, and Swim Instructor.
- Physical Demands: Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
Salary: $32,000 - $38,000
Additional Compensation Details:
The YMCA of Memphis & Mid-South offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Medical & Dependent Care Plan, Retirement 12% paid by the YMCA upon meeting eligibility requirements, and Vacation/Paid Time Off.
YMCA - 19 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...