Stein Mart is currently seeking a fun, fashionable and friendly person to join our Store Team as a Service Associate. We are looking for someone to provide superior customer service, operate cash registers to complete customer transactions, display merchandise and maintain a clean shopping area to maximize store appeal and assist in the Receiving department.
- Welcome customers and answer customer questions regarding products and services.
- Help customers make buying decisions.
- Operate cash registers to complete customer transactions.
- Display merchandise and maintain a clean shopping area to maximize store appeal.
- Assist in the receiving and of new merchandise from vendors.
- Prepare merchandise for the selling floor.
- Assist in minimizing loss of company assets.
- Contribute to team efforts.
- Prior retail or customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and count;
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer centered focus and interest working with people.
- Willingness and ability to interact and cooperate in working with others.
- Detail oriented
- Exercise initiative, follows-through and completes tasks.
- Light physical effort required; Sitting, standing and walking will constitute 95% of a work shift; Kneeling and lifting various merchandise contents weighing 20lbs.
Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it sells...