The qualified individual will be responsible for the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Conducting research to understand complex industry and organization-specific issues, including business strategy and financial information, compensation and rewards, and corporate performance.
- Conducting market pricing, peer group selection, survey analyses, interpreting salary data, financial modeling and special research projects.
- Analyzing data to determine the appropriate salary level and job title for existing and proposed positions, including more complex positions involving responsibilities within multiple focus areas.
- Identifying complex job matching and data issues and proactively consulting with Clients and key Associates to determine appropriate course of action; acting quickly to remove obstacles impeding project steps.
- Effectively keeping the Project Manager apprised of project status, including delays or potential problems; holding self and team members accountable for Client deadlines and deliverables.
- Assisting with more complex report and proposal writing as it relates to describing and summarizing project objectives, methodologies, analysis, and results as well as proofing for accuracy.
- Serving as a peer reviewer and mentor of technical knowledge to effectively guide more junior Associates in complex research, data collection and analytics
- .Participating in appropriate Client Delivery Team meetings to understand team and Client initiatives.
- Establishing Client relationships and acting as a key point of contact for Client inquires, as appropriate.
- Shadowing Project and Client Relationship Managers at Client meetings or teleconferences, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, ideally with an emphasis in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, accounting or health care administration; Master’s degree preferred.
- Two to five years of progressive experience directly consulting with Clients required.
- Three to five years of related analytical experience required, involving data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design.
- Certified Compensation or Benefits Professional designation is preferred.
- Experience working within a consulting, compensation and health care-related firm is preferred.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Basic programming experience is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to:
- Determine appropriate data analytic approaches and tools based on project tasks and Client requirements.
- Analyze, organize and interpret data using a logical and systematic process.
- Remove irrelevant data when conducting analytical work and developing creative solutions.
- Visualize and articulate complex problems and concepts.
- Recognize patterns in complex sets of data and recommend practical models.
- Identify and recommend solutions to remove obstacles impeding project steps or task achievement.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations that impact the health care Client population.
- Ability to provide relevant subject matter expertise and draft well-organized Client deliverables that demonstrate understanding.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and accurately respond to Client and Associate inquiries.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, verbal and presentation skills are required, including the ability to:
- Make clear and convincing oral presentations that achieve a specific purpose.
- Successfully tailor communications to the audience, as appropriate.
- Effectively present facts, analysis and conclusions or solutions in a way that demonstrates command of content; factors in perspectives and interests of the audience.
- Write concise project communications, documents and presentations with appropriate level of technical detail and complexity.
- Uses appropriate writing style consistent with organizational guidelines, templates and brand standards.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with complex project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs.
- Confidence and ability to work independently, as well as in a team structure.
- Exceptional employee service orientation.
- Capable of working in a group as a strong team player.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. - 23 months ago