Responsible for the data replication solution as well as for data security. Will have the primary responsibility of ensuring total integration of the database layer within the service monitoring solution.
Develop and maintain the database backup strategy.
Perform database deployments, configurations, updates, and improvements. Support functionality and security audits
Implement database related Access Management and Control in collaboration with Security & Compliance and with Systems Engineering.
Implement and enforce database security policy. Contribute to building the disaster recover strategy and plan.
Solid understanding of database replication and high availability principles and solutions, with proven and successful experience in building a highly available large database infrastructure
Familiarity with Cassandra
Self-starter, analytical and with strong problem solving skills and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and issues
Define, design and implement the database layer to meet the requirements of a highly reliable, scalable and automated SaaS platform built with a strong focus on leveraging the use of automation technologies and low cost database components. Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the SaaS platform.
Coordinate database systems planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Work closely with the Security and Compliance manager to ensure that all in-scope controls have been built and are documented.
Provide database administration of the SaaS platform. Responsible of all database related software components, including the database alarming and instrumentation sub-system and its integration within the service monitoring solution.
Provide advanced database administration, and management. Promote the use of automation and engineer automated deployments and upgrades.
Generate detailed executive reports outlining risk, and provide technology recommendations.
Troubleshoot and resolve problems as required 24×7 and serve as an escalation point for database issues.
Research new database technologies for use within the SaaS platform to continuously improve performance, scalability and operational effectiveness.
Help define, improve and promote architecture and standards based on ITIL “best practices”.
Help architect and implement Hardened database deployments to meet or exceed our security requirements.
Develop relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with latest technology.
For more information, please visit us at www.beardatasolutions.com
- 8+ years expertise in designing, building, managing, operating, and troubleshooting a database infrastructure in high load, high performance, internet facing environments.
- Strong experience in Cloud infrastructures, cloud technologies and cloud platforms. Knowledge of Amazon AWS is required.
- 8+ years of proven experience in deployment and management of databases
- DWH/BI/Reporting environments.
- Knowledge of system architecture and engineering, understanding of the components of software infrastructure
- Strong background and proven track record in database performance tuning, capacity sizing and optimization.
- Deep understanding of how to optimize database performance leveraging storage, and system configuration. Experience with benchmarking, performance analysis and capacity management is highly desirable.
- Experience designing scalable database architecture to support rapid growth is required.
- Familiarity with Cassandra, or similar technologies is desirable
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Good working knowledge of operating systems including RedHat Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, and W2K8 is required.
- Strong experience writing complex scripts (perl, php, python) to automate administrative tasks, run audits, and perform deployment tasks.
- Participate in 7/24 on-call rotation to respond and resolve service issues to ensure SaaS platform is online.
- Must be familiar with networking and security concepts and solutions. Practical experience in both would a plus.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability the track and prioritize several tasks.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, along with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a cross-functional global team.
- Ability to verbally present complex concepts and technical information to non-technical audience in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to conduct business with others in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Ability to interact positively, clearly, and professionally with customers, and peers.
- Must have excellent customer interaction and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and ability to solve problems with out of the box solutions.
- Ability to lead projects and a team of highly skilled engineers both in the US and globally.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently & calmly under pressure and/or stress.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to present to a variety of audiences.
- Completion of certification courses in a relevant field would be a plus.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
BEAR Data Solutions - 22 months ago