This position requires high energy level with a focus toward customers and a strong desire to succeed. Good organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communications skills and ability to persuade and close sales required. Must be able to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process and work with minimal supervision. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Field sales position responsible for selling Electronic Services (Moves, Adds and changes).
- Manage the entire sales process, from uncovering opportunity, developing solution/value proposition, preparing design, creating contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service through service delivery.
- Work with other sales, technical, design engineering, service, support, and management to meet customer needs.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings.
- Close sales to meet or exceed sales plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designated sales plan.
- Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sales.
- Arrange for and/or coordinate delivery and installation.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of additional sales.
- Perform periodic market investigations within an assigned territory to develop new applications; provide sales forecasting for assigned territory.
- Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
- Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that SimplexGrinnell is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business, or engineering preferred.
- Three or more years, successful sales experience with
, security control, and monitoring or similar industry. Experience working with electrical contractors and blueprints is desirable.
Must be able to pass background and drug screening.
- Excellent sales, presentation, and closing techniques.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- PC Proficiency including familiarity with Word, Excel, and job costing systems.
Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record.
Tyco - 22 months ago
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...