Under the direction of the Regional Director, manages through supervisors and/or Operations Manager, the entire operation of the distribution center. Provides high quality services to the facility’s customer base through the implementation and maintenance of internal operating standards that drive efficiency, customer, and employee satisfaction, and through compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Provides leadership to staff through supervisors and/or operations manager, responsible for the activities on the floor and aids them in making decisions regarding work flow and overtime as needed. Leads in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Hires, trains, develop and coaches staff. Ensures PMDs are conducted in a timely manner. May discipline and terminate employees as is appropriate, with Human Resources’ approval. Applies leadership principles to promote employee development, creative thinking, empowerment and two-way communication.
- Delivers reliability and on-time performance by implementing service offerings, which consistently meet customer requirements; ensures that service is delivered with a customer orientation. Monitors all aspects of the operation using agreed upon metrics that capture the essential service indicators for the distribution center to meet company’s goals:
- Lines filled per hour
- Service levels
- Delivery reliability and on-time performance (WLOTC, carrier launch, etc.)
- Monitors, reports and controls all facility expenses to insure plans and targets are achieved. Uses matrix to positively effect region performance such as:
- Cost per line
- Book section of P & L, inventory,
- Labor costs, focused on balance and utilization (FTE's, O.T, Temporary Workers Utilization)
- Service metrics to enhance customer experience
- Facilitates, as well as participates in, meetings that are aimed at the continued improvement of the operation and continuous improvement towards company goals.
- Deploys and maintains safety and health. Works closely with the ESH manager to assure compliance with all safety and regulatory guidelines. Manages team’s focus on safety and visibly supports programs. Obtains and maintains 100% compliance in all required training.
- Assists customer with logistics support as required. Establish an open direct dialog with customer to support offerings and contract.
- Recommends and approves salary levels for staff and associates during the review process and at initial hiring.
- Works closely with the IT department on the implementation of any software or system changes that affect the distribution center.
- Analyzes distribution processes and recommends and implements changes within the facility in operating procedures to optimize productivity and quality while reducing operating costs.
- Establishes and maintains a rapport with employees through ongoing, formal and informal communication and employee empowerment.
- Ensures that all legal requirements, including export compliance and Sarbanes and Oxley are met.
- Prepares a variety of reports; ensure employees receive ongoing metrics results on their individual performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must possess at least 5 years of hands on managerial experience, leading a team in physical distribution or materials management.
- Must possess current regulatory knowledge, including DOT.
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 10 months ago
Whether for research, analysis, discovery, or diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific gets the laboratory ready to assist mankind. Created...