GEICO's Information Services Department's Enterprise Data Warehouse team is actively seeking an experienced Applications Developer with a record of accomplishment in designing and building applications. This candidate will participate in the maintenance and enhancement of existing applications using the Ab Initio tool/language as well as developing new systems in support of the EDW.
The qualified candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and 5 years of experience in:
* Ab Initio developement experience;
* Ability to independently complete a batch development project of high complexity through all life cycle phases, including all project documentation;
* Unix, Unix scripting, and SQL coding (DB2 preferred)
Nice to have:
* Mainframe knowledge, warehousing knowledge, and familiarity with one or more ETL tools (Ab Initio, DTS, Data Stage, Informatica, etc.).
Additional Required Skills:
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively with management, users, developers, and team members at all levels through both verbal and written means;
* Exceptional quantitative, analytical, diagnostic, debugging, and problem solving skills;
* Ability to provide well-thought out and thorough technical solutions for problem solving and decision making;
* Consensus building and demonstrated skills at driving a technical consensus;
* Ability to multi-task, maintain an organized environment, and work independently;
* Ability to be a team player and a self-starter;
* Show an appropriate sense of urgency;
* High level of dependability; and
* Permanent U.S. work authorization.
10565 Fairfax Blvd, Suite 301 | Fairfax, VA 22030
(O) 703-372-0345 / 703-349-6114 | (F) 703 478 0885
(E) firstname.lastname@example.org | www.multivision.cc
National Certified Minority Supplier (MBE)
Multivision Inc., is a global Professional IT Services firm having over 500 employees, posting an astounding growth rate of 200% over the past three years. Multivision's expertise embraces a broad range of technologies, domains and service offerings. Multivision is ranked 23rd amongst the Top 100 fastest-growing businesses in the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria-DC-VA-MD-WV region and 33rd amongst the Top 100 fastest-growing IT Services Companies in USA.