The Social Worker will evaluate the psychosocial needs of patients and family support systems and will coordinate appropriate discharge plans for identified patient populations. The Social Worker acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization. He/she will facilitate implementing timely discharge plans and facilitate follow-up to anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care. The Social Worker will provide crisis intervention and support. The Social Worker will assist the Case Manager in facilitating patient movement across the continuum of care and will identify and track barriers to patient throughput.
UMC IS A TOBACCO FREE, DRUG FREE WORK PLACE. WE DRUG TEST.
- Master of Social Work with current state licensure; CMSW, LCSW or LCP preferred
- Minimum requirements for accrediting bodies, JCAHO, state and regulatory requirements related to service delivery in the facility
- Three years Social Work experience; acute care case management experience preferred
- Certification in Social Work or Case Management, preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified
University Medical Center is a 245-bed, two campus acute health care facility with over 228 physicians on staff and we are fully accredited by the State of Tennessee as well as the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We have over 800 full and part-time employees and are the sole provider of healthcare in Wilson County, Tennessee. The hospital provides 24-hour emergency services, inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services along with intensive care and telemetry services. Our Diagnostic Imaging services include basic radiography, digital fluoroscopy, MRI, CT, PET, nuclear medicine, ultrasound and mammography. University Medical Center ’s Rehabilitation services include an inpatient rehabilitation unit as well as outpatient, physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapies. Our specialties include: Orthopaedics, Cardiology, Wound Care, Neurology, General Surgery, Psychiatry, ENT, Urology and Obstetrics/Gynecology.
University Medical Center - 2 years ago