POSITION PURPOSE: Works with school administration to improve parent/family and community involvement. Provides information to improve and encourage communication with the community and school.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
- Communicate effectively with parents, families, school staff, school administration, and community.
- Maintain a positive, courteous manner when interacting with parents, families, community, faculty and staff.
- Update website to improve and enhance communication with parents.
- Provide input to school and classroom newsletters.
- Work with community groups/individuals and school administration to form partnerships with a focus on students, parents and families.
- Contact parents to encourage participation at family nights and parent training sessions.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to provide parent training opportunities.
- Provide routine reports to school administration of community/parent liaison activities.
- Perform routine clerical tasks including filing, typing, sorting.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Experience working with young children and their parents.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to use the Internet for research applications is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of and experience with a variety of common office machines and equipment such as copier, fax, calculator, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
Speak and hear.
Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, technology equipment, computers, and/or controls.
WORK PLACE EXPECTATIONS:
Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
Have regular and punctual attendance.
Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
REPORTS TO: Principal
DAYS PER YEAR: 190
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Level 7
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Classified
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Must apply online and add this specific job to your online application.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EMPLOYEE'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT STATEMENT:
1. I have reviewed the above position description and understand its contents.
2. I am aware that my position description may be revised or updated at any time and once notified of changes, I remain responsible for knowledge of its contents.
3. I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodation(s). If I require accommodation(s) in order to fulfill any or all of these functions, I agree to provide information to the District regarding the requested accommodation(s).
Employee's Name (Print): ___________________________________
Employee's Signature: ___________________________________
THE BEAUFORT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- 12 months ago - save job