HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Company is a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
Senior Engineer, Tooling & Projects:
Responsible to evaluate and implement changes to product design and/or to the manufacturing tooling to achieve optimum quality and costs for products and parts used by Haemonetics. Requires participation in new product development programs, identifying design-for-manufacturability issues and ensuring these issues are addressed prior to release, including:
• Will be the project leader for the introduction of new molding processes and the construction of new molds for new products, design or cost modifications. Works with the design teams to optimize the product and mold design and molding process (internally or eternally).
• Specify construct molds that are proper for the production volumes and quality required for the specific parts.
• Build, validate, document and release mold tooling into production meeting our quality and design standards.
• Develops molding and secondary processes that are suitable to statistical and modern control systems.
• Is the owner of the molding process and provides technical direction and support to other departments implementing new molded components.
• Provides guidance regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
• Transfer molds, tooling and processes as required to support ongoing manufacturing strategies and optimization.
• Ensuring that molding production processes and systems as well as our product designs produce the highest possible quality (consistency) and lowest possible cost.
• Works with the production facilities, strategic sourcing, and quality teams to maintain the tooling and equipment to ensure quality part supply as required for manufacturing.
• Provides assistance in tooling and technical audits to document, verify and manage the Haemonetics tooling inventory both internally and externally located.
• Interacts with tool makers to ensure tools are being built to Haemonetics standards.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Molding, Plastics or Mechanical preferred.
• 5+ years related experience in a molding or mold design environment.
• Good working knowledge of plastic processing including Injection, RIM, Blow and Vacuum molding. Includes any secondary processing.
• High degree of motivation, good work ethic.
• Good interpersonal skills. Must be able to work effectively across departments and outside vendors integrating the work of both internal and external resources. Manufacturing-support departments.
• Project management skills.
• Good writing and oral communication skills.
• Familiar with computer programs such as Excel, Word, Solid works, AutoCad and Minitab. Ability to learn new applications such as database programs.
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Haemonetics Corp. - 17 months ago