The Senior Systems Administrator at the Lake Charles Site is responsible for the operation and support of Information Technology at the Lake Charles. The Senior Systems Administrator is also responsible for the supporting IT functions at other locations in the region as directed by IT Management. The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Information Technology at these sites with all areas of the Grace organization to ensure compliance and consistency with all company policies, standards and regulations.
- Management of all information technology systems, network systems, wireless systems and connected devices. This includes all personal computers, servers, printers, portable devices and software.
- Management of all telecommunications systems. This includes all telephone systems, wireless telephones, radios and other communication devices. This also includes all data communications, voice mail, paging, modem and fax services. These services must be coordinated with the appropriate organizations within the company.
- Management of all security, monitoring and access-control systems. This includes all security and process monitoring video equipment, access-control systems including gate and door access, communications for fire and other safety systems, data protection and firewall systems, and some aspects of physical security. All of these activities must be coordinated with site security personnel.
- Management of the Process Control Network and coordination of all communication between Process Control and Information Systems. This requires close coordination and a working relationship with the Control Systems Engineer.
- Coordination of application development. This includes the development of local applications, databases, web services and data systems used at the Lake Charles and supported sites. These activities are usually developed as requested based on user needs. All of these activities must be coordinated with Grace Organization so that the best systems, data and resources are utilized.
- Participation as a member of the Grace Information Technology team on various projects, implementation of technology, testing of equipment, development of standards or documentation of architecture. This participation may be optional or required as directed by IT Management.
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Knowledge of Intel based hardware, Microsoft based operating systems and software as well as Cisco networking technologies.
- Knowledge of Information Technology deployed in an industrial environment with a working knowledge of process automation.
- Possess technical certifications in these areas to compliment his or her educational and experience requirements.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in Information Technology.
W.R. Grace & Co. (Grace) is engaged in the production and sale of specialty chemicals and specialty materials. The Company operates in...