POSITION: Account Manager (Inside Sales)
JOB TYPE: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Epigentek Group Inc. is a pioneer and leader in the development and commercialization of epigenetic research products. Epigenetics, the study of inheritable changes in gene expression without changing the underlying DNA sequence, is rapidly growing in the field of life sciences. A better understanding of epigenetic mechanisms would contribute to the development of new drugs and diagnostics to treat serious diseases including cancer and Alzheimer's.
We are currently offering a position with significant growth and earning potential in a young, dynamic company that is well recognized in the epigenetic sector. The account manager for Epigentek will be responsible for utilizing a customer-centric, consultative sales approach in selling our DNA methylation, chromatin, and histone product line to customers in academic, government, pharmaceutical, and biotech institutions in a defined geographic territory. Through direct customer interaction and relationship selling, the account manager will be responsible for understanding the technical needs of customers and susbequently providing a solution to the customer in the form of an Epigentek product or service. While being able to work with little supervision, the account manager will report to the Sales Manager on sales performance, major opportunities, market trends, competition, marketing effectiveness, customer needs, and customer feedback.
- Acquire knowledge of Epigentek's products and services and communicate technical information to customers
- Identify prospects, qualify leads, create proposals, and close businesses of epigenetic accounts through customer-centric selling
- Develop and maintain professional, consultative relationships to win and retain customers by influencing product decisions
- Introduce new products to potential customers and actively seek to gain new business
- Act as a primary point of contact for customers as well as directing any customer inquiries and requests to appropriate departments as needed
- Assist in implementing and executing marketing campaigns to drive more sales
- Maintain customer information in our CRM tool
- Travel a few times per year to attend exhibits and tradeshows
- Minimum 1-year professional sales experience in the life sciences field
- Bachelor's degree in a life sciences field; some lab experience a plus
- Able to work independently with a passionate and competitive drive in a startup environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively
- Excellent relationship development and communication skills with the ability to listen, summarize, and follow-through
- Proactive, self-motivated, and very well-organized
- Experience with CRM tools
Starting at $40k base + commission with medical, dental, and vision benefits. 401(k) plan with company matching contributions offered after the first year.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Epigentek Group Inc. is the leading developer and provider of innovative technologies and products for epigenetic-related research. Founded...