Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Planning and Policy, the Public Policy Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, tracking, and implementing public policy activities related to Network Health’s business interests and corporate strategic activities. The Public Policy Manager plans and implements Network Health’s advocacy agenda and ensures that initiatives are aligned with business objectives.
- Conduct legislative and regulatory analyses to inform Network Health’s strategic and policy positions, prepare position memos and letters and other advocacy materials as necessary for internal and external use.
- Support development and implementation of advocacy agenda for Network Health at the state and federal levels. Facilitate internal activities related to Network Health’s public policy agenda. Educate and brief senior leaders on matters of current interest and import. Receive and incorporate direction from business leaders as appropriate.
- Serve as an internal business consultant and subject matter expert as needed in the areas of federal and state health policy, regulatory and legislative compliance matters. Work closely with other internal stakeholders to provide insight and policy intelligence to inform corporate strategy.
- Collaborate and manage relations with key national, state and local policymakers and other governmental entities as identified. Work directly with external stakeholders relative to identified public policy issues, e.g. consumer advocacy groups, trade associations, provider associations, and government relations representatives of all areas of the health care industry.
- Work directly with Congressional and State delegations and their staff on identified policy issues.
- Collaborate and work with trade associations at the state and federal level, and manage information flow pertaining to new legislation or policy matters as they arise.
- Manage department and strategic corporate projects as directed. Manage cross-functional corporate projects and initiatives advancing new business opportunities as directed consistent with Network Health strategic goals. Monitor projects from assessment to project close.
- Develop and maintain project documentation according to corporate project management standards. Facilitate meetings as well as status update sessions on key policy-related projects.
- Manage outside consultants engaged to assist with various projects. Prepare status reports and schedules and keep management, steering committee, stakeholders, customers and others informed of project status.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree (MBA, MPA, or MPP) or JD preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in state and/or federal health policy work.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and a high degree of initiative.
- Must have highly developed political and advocacy skills.
- Must understand political process and be able to work effectively with multiple and diverse external interests.
- Must have the ability to readily master new health policy issues and identify priorities and positions based on business needs.
- Must be able to employ this subject matter expertise in developing policy advocacy agenda and managing policy initiatives, working with senior business leadership.
- Principal duties and responsibilities occur simultaneously.
- Must be able to appropriately prioritize and handle each essential function using good judgment.
- Ability to learn and apply company policies consistently, seeking out guidance when necessary, is required.
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of staff both internally and externally.
- Strong project management and organizational skills critical.
- Ability to plan, multi-task, collaborate with many individuals/stakeholders required.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced business and political environment.
Network Health - 17 months ago
Since 1997, we have been committed to our mission of improving the health and well-being of our members and their diverse communities....