Building independence, quality of life and work opportunities for individuals with disabilities and other barriers.
Represented by the acronym ICARE, these five values provide a framework for every action and decision our employees make.
Integrity, Caring, Accountability, Respect, Excellence
Goodwill is currently seeking a Retail Supervisor for the Hilliard location to a ssist in the overall store operation, including the collection of donations, processing sales, supervising the activities of store personnel, cash operations, financial performance, and loss control activities
This involves the opportunity to:
· Assist customers and donors in a timely and courteous manner.
· Ensure the quality and quantity of work performed by employees according to store policy as established by company standards along with ensuring that the store and surrounding premises are kept neat, clean and orderly, and free of safety hazards and that safety procedures are understood and followed by all employees.
· Train and assist in evaluating employees in a thorough, organized and timely manner.
· Report and document any activities which may require corrective action to ensure acceptable employee performance according to policy.
· Comply with cash handling and security policies and bring any security issues to store management’s attention.
· Responsible for the store's operation in the Store Manager's and Assistant Manager’s absence; including, but not limited to opening/closing of the store, directing the activities of store personnel, ensuring that all sales transactions are rung up and reported accurately, and ensure that donated goods are processed appropriately.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· High school or equivalent education.
· Minimum of one year retail experience plus one year supervisory experience or equivalent.
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with customers and employees.
· Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics.
· Ability to operate cash register and perform basic math calculations along with knowledge of computers and data input in order to upload reports.
· Ability to physically sort, carry up to 30 pounds; heavier lifting occasionally needed, hang, and/or distribute merchandise to the sales floor.
· Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must have full range of motion and be able to stand, walk, bend, push, and reach for extended periods of time.
the advantages of working here!
Complete insurance package available for full-time employees (medical/vision/dental)
Company paid Life Insurance
Paid vacation, paid holidays, and more….
Goodwill Columbus is an EOE and Service Provider.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
Goodwill Columbus - 9 months ago